The Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Challengedofechallenge.org
The Duke of Edinburgh’s (DofE) Award is a country-wide charity gives young people the opportunity to learn valuable life skills from volunteering, physical activities, and expeditions. The DofE Award is a passport to a brighter future, valued by employers and universities.
DofE appointed Overthrow Digital to update and relaunch their DofE Challenge website and improve their signup process. The purpose of the website is to encourage people to take on any challenge they like and fundraise for the DofE to earn a pin badge and certificate.
Overthrow wanted to improve the DofE Challenge website by:
- Redesigning the pages of the website
- Adding additional fundraising methods
- Improving signup user experience and the messaging in the registration process
- Allowing the registration of teams
- Adding mass participation event information & registration
- Adding user accounts
- Creating better UX for team and mass participation events
- Creating challenger profiles and galleries/success stories to pull from the user accounts
- Improving mobile experience
A rebranded the DofE Challenge website with a fresh new design and intuitive functionality. It features a colourful and simple design that highlights the exciting adventures that both ‘challengers’ and ‘adventurers’ can get involved in. The functionality of the website has improved to make it easier for both online users and DofE internal team to manage information.
Since the launch of the website, Overthrow and the DofE have worked on multiple projects together to help optimise DofE’s online presence and the internal team’s processes.